On the 20th December the Town of Bassendean received a construction and activity notice to advise that the telecommunications network infrastructure forming part of the National Broadband (NBN) will commence 30th December 2016.
This will be first apparent in the Eden Hill area and I’ve had a call already this morning (9 Jan) confirming that indeed the crew are on site and getting the job done!!!
NBN have outlined the following anticipated impact to the verge adjacent to residential properties caused by the works and the proposed remediation works that will be undertaken:
- Limited disturbance to ground surfaces such as footpaths, grass road verge and sandy soils.
- Slight disruption to pedestrian and vehicular traffic flows due to small crews working to install the telecommunications infrastructure.
- Minor noise and dust generation.
- Short term restriction to property access.
- Construction to be confined to footways and established telecommunication alignments.
- Contractors will follow all applicable industry standards in the installation of its facilities.
- Care and appropriate precautions taken at all times to ensure public safety.
- Reinstatement of all road surfaces and pathways to a condition that is similar to its condition before the activity began.